Monday 16 June 2014

Discover Life is Good

Hi everyone, thanks for dropping in here. Today I am sharing a project over on the Countryview Crafts Challenge blog, where the theme this month is Only Men Allowed.


A male friend needed some serious cheering up, he has the tendency to always see the negative side of life (and he reminds me a bit of the serious looking gentleman from the Tim Holtz Paris to London set). So, I made him this card with a little reminder that it is possible to discover that life is good! Here's hoping he won't take it the wrong way....

I started by gathering some bits and pieces to put together on my card:
A piece of 6 x 6 paper from the Tim Holtz French Industrial paper Collection, an embossed bit of Core'dinations card, using a Spellbinders 3D embossabilities folder, a tag cut with one of the new Sizzix Framelits tag collection dies by Tim Holtz. I used some paper from an old My Minds Eye Lost and Found paper collection for this and stamped several stamps from the Tim Holtz Paris to London set on it. I also made two tickets with small Movers and Shapers ticket die and stamped images from the Tiny Things stamp set.
I also cut a bottle from the small Apothecary Movers and Shapers and a feather and added a little label.
I then cut one of the Tattered Banners strip dies folded to get some dimension and added it along the bottom of my card

The sentiment was created with the help of some Remnant Rubs word.

The whole thing was then mounted on some dark brown Kaiserkraft card cut to 6 x 12 and scored in half.
Well, that's it, like I said, I hope he likes it and that it will cheer him up a bit.

Thanks for visiting and see you next time...


29 comments:

Heather Jacob said...

another glorious arty piece of gorgeousness Astrid ..... earthy, rich with a touch of sparkle x

brenda said...

This has a really 'grown up' feel to it Astrid and what a fabulous card for a guy.

B x

craftimamma said...

Fabulous card for a male Astrid and I'm sure it will help 'jolly' your friend's frame of mind. I know I have a tendency these days to always see negatives and need a little reminder (usually from my daughter)to stop, lol! Here's hoping your wonderful card does the trick but in any event he's sure to enjoy receiving it.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Redanne said...

It is a wonderful male card Astrid and hopefully it will cheer him up. I love the teeny tiny stamping, it goes so well with your theme and the feather and inkwell are delightful. Hugs, Anne x

Suzi B said...

I'm sure this wonderful card helped helped your friend to "smile"
Suzi B xx

Anneke said...

Wonderful vintage male card. Love your design. Thank you for showing Anneke.

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful work ... I think we all know someone like your friend ... I'm sure this will cheer him up! Have a lovely week!

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

You do the vintage look so perfectly Astrid,I am sure your friend will love it as it's been made especially for him so it's heartfelt.

Thank you so much for following my blog,it's mean a lot when someone whose work you find inspiring does that,made my day!

Hugs
Donna x

Unknown said...

Love the texture and the layout Astrid and such a lovely thoughtful thing to do. Fab! Chris xxx

rachel said...

great texture Astrid - love the diecuts and colours too - beautiful xx

Maryann Laursen said...

Again you´ve made such an awesome card here Astrid, sooo beautiful and with amazing details.

Valerie-Jael said...

Another lovely creation, Astrid! Hugs, Valerie

Marisa Job said...

Another amazing creation!! Love the vintage style of your work!!

Rika said...

Stunning vintage card Astrid!

Dorthe said...

Astrid , your friend, can only be very happy to recieve such a wonderful greeting, with the reminder of believing in a good life.
Wonderful texture, and the bottle with feather is gorgeous, together with the banner !
Have a lovely monday evening dear friend.
Hugs,Dorthe

Terry said...

Fabulous masculine card and a wonderful way to show someone that life is good and to look more on the positive side! Trust me I know about the downside that can sometimes take over, but there is too much good! I Love this card, Astrid! Hugs!

Corrie Herriman said...

This card is absolutely beautiful, so much detail; I love it !
Corrie x

Netty said...

You really make some amazing cards Astrid, hugs Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Anonymous said...

I bet this gorgeous card gave your friend a great boost Astrid! xxx

Paula Whittaker said...

I'm sure he'll love the gesture....the fact you thought of him and took time to make something will mean a lot xx

Words and Pictures said...

That's a great card, Astrid - I'm sure it will do its job well. The tag and tickets are really smart and stylish, and the embossed panel adds a fab textural touch (love that folder - not seen it before I don't think). Great card in masculine neutrals!
Alison xx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

A powerful masculine card Astrid...great!
greetings, Alie

Anonymous said...

A wonderful card, I hope it had the desired effect.

Ruth said...

Gorgeousness again Astrid.....perfect! Ruth x

Meggymay said...

I'm sure this will have cheered your friend up. Its a fantastic card for a bloke.
Yvonne

Iwona create said...


this is amazing :)))

Jenny Marples said...

A fantastic male themed card which cheers us up and hopefully had the desired effect on your friend. Love that embossed panel! Jenny x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful idea and prefect for cheering up your friend.

Juliz Design Post said...

Fantastic Masculine card.
Julie x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key