Wednesday 16 April 2014

Tim's April Tag

Hello everyone and lovely to have you drop in.
I am sharing my April Tag for Tim Holtz's challenge.
The original can of course be seen here

Well, like with most  of us, mine has turned out quite differently, though I used the same sort of techniques, substituting those products I don't have for other ones. But like with my last 3 tags, I am mounting all of my size 8 tags onto a size 10, so I started by creating the background for my big tag.
I created a background with Antique Linen, Salty Ocean and Frayed Burlap Distress Inks, using some spritz and flick and the new lattice stencil. I then overstamped with some stamps from the Mercantile set and stamped in Pottingsoil Archival and a bit of Jet Black. I also used the large number stencil for the number two but in the end that was covered over with the smaller tag.
So for that one I started just like Tim described, I just used slightly different colours.
Here you can see the Frameworks Trellis which in my case I cut from grey board and then painted with various colours of Distress Paint.
As I have neither the mirror stuff nor cork, I cut my inserts from greyboard covered with paper, then hessian and then I painted some of the little grey board panels first with Brushed Pewter DP and when that was dry covered it with Rock Candy Crackle Paint and when the cracks appeared rubbed Walnut Stain Distress Stain over it, I love how it turned out. The hessian was stuck to card before cutting and I look forward to using the actual framework of that in a future project.

Next I covered the tag with some tissue tape and then did the embellishing pretty much like Tim described. I made 4 flowers with the Tattered Pinecone die, but used the leaves from the Spring Greenery.
Here are some details:
Here you can see the flowers, cut from the French Industrial paper stash.
I died some matching seam binding but made a separate bow which I glued on the length of ribbon that I had put around the tag. As I don't have a Philiosophy tag, I used one of the little heart charms.
Because my tag is so much larger I had space for an extra flower. I also added the month again at the top.
Here you can see a bit of tissue tape sticking out behind the frameworks, I love how it balances out the little text panel on the other side. You can also see that I shaped and distressed the greenery a bit. I added some shading with a Walnut Stain Distress Marker to make the frameworks stick out a bit more and add some depth.
Well, there you are. I have loved doing my April tag, I so love those Frameworks dies and I still have a ton of the little tiles to use in other projects.

Thanks for visiting, have a great weekend and if you celebrate it HAPPY EASTER!!!

36 comments:

maria's knutselplezier said...

What a stunning tag dear Astrid, I love the way you used the crackle paint!! It gives such a special effect , but the other elements looks so great too, very beautiful you are at the same leval as Tim!!!

Greetings
Maria

May said...

Gorgeous tag Astrid, Love how you used the burlap, the background is fabulous..Happy Easter to you & your Family... Hugs May x x

Jenny Marples said...

Gorgeous Astrid. I love the softness of this version and the way you've layered your tag looks so good. Even more space to play on! Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Just wonderful Astrid. Like how you used walnut stain to highlight frameworks edges. Everything has been perfectly placed. Karen.x

Ruth said...

Lovely, lovely tag and the trellis work is on my wish list, love how you used hessian and other finishes in the inserts, lovely effect.

Aquarius said...

This tag is fabulous and I like the idea of mounting two together. That framework die is great and I'm sure there are lots of uses for the little shaped 'waste' pieces too.

chrissie said...

Stunning tag with unusual use of the trellis.The flowers are wonderful.

Love Chrissie x

rachel said...

beautiful tag Astrid - love this one of Tims - and your take on it is fabulous xx

Redanne said...

Your adaptations are fantastic Astrid, I love the look of the greyboard elements and I do like the mounting one tag on top of the other idea too, it makes such a great statement. Beautiful tag! Hugs, Anne x

Marianne said...

Such a gorgeous tag. Love it!!
xxx Marianne

Ros Crawford said...

So very effective ... Beautifully done!

Maryann Laursen said...

WOUW Astrid, you just keep outdoing yourself here today. This is so gorgeous too, and I´m in total awe about this tag. Just LOVE it.
Have a Happy Easter noww with good friends and family.

Zuzu's Blog said...

this is gorgeous. love the subtle colour tones.
I dont have anything in the least like a trellis die so I have not attempted this months tag. maybe i just need to think outside the box a bit more.... :)

Maryanne said...

I love your interpretation of Tim's tag! I love those framework dies too, and this one is my favorite! Have a very Happy Easter, Astrid!

Nicole Wright Designs said...

Love that you mounted on a #10 tag. Great version of April tag.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous tag, adore he background and your use of the frameworks die. Gorgeous ribbon Treatment too and I love the heart embellishment. Tracy x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful work, as always, Astrid!

Marisa Job said...

I think you are the queen of tags!! This is another beauty!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome detail - fabulous tag

Sophie said...

Traumhaft schön, Astrid.
Das ist ein wunderschönes Tag mit diesen vielen Details.

Schöne Ostertage
Sophie xx

Meggymay said...

Fabulous tag Astrid, love how you mount the tags on a larger one.
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

The trellis design is wonderful and I can imagine so versatile as to what you insert into the recesses.
I love the colour palette with the colours working in such harmony.
Wishes
Lynne

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous tag, I love the colours and all the embellishments and texture. The flowers are stunning. Cheers, Shirleyx

Jennie Atkinson said...

Fabulous Astrid - I love the vintage softness of your tag. We are obviously on the same track although mine is still waiting to be finished! Great use of the hessian! x

Margaret Mifsud said...

Your tag is gorgeous Astrid!! I love the little touches of crackle and the bits of hessian, so unique, and I absolutely adore the colour. Once again I'm afraid I prefer your tag to Tim's I think it is the colour that makes the difference. Simply stunning as always!! ox

Anonymous said...

Your tag is beautiful & full of gorgeous textures, I love it.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a fantastic take on Tim's tag. Love the idea with the month on the top of the tag.

Annie said...

great take on Tim's tag Astrid.....mum has the die and has kindly let me borrow it so I do hope to play along

Take care
Annie x

Elaine said...

This is gorgeous Astrid, I love the way you have used the trellis die and all thr touches of texture. That little heart is delightful and works so well with the bluey hue of the seam binding. Smashing work. I saw you in the distance at Ally Pally, I hope you enjoyed it! Elaine x

Words and Pictures said...

What a gorgeous take on the tag, Astrid - love the speckled background and the stamping... and your various textures and papers are beautiful together - just lovely.
Alison xx

Julie Lee said...

This tag is just wonderful! I love the use of the die and the beautiful textures and colours. Your blog is an absolute treat. I have loved visiting! Julie Ann xxx

barbarayaya62 said...

Astrid what a wonderful piece! I love every details in this tag! Soft colours, flowers, your little heart! Fantastic! I wish you a Happy Easter! Hugs BArbarayaya

Gretz said...

Stunning!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love the stenciled background...especially the stars! Gorgeous take!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful tag. I always love your work. You created lots of wonderful textures and layers.

Jools Robertson said...

Truly beautiful tag, love the subtle colours
The texture you have achieved on the centres of the trellis are little works of art in there own right
Exquisite ribbon and cute little heart

Jools x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key